About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
- Acts as the subject matter expertise for privacy in the region:
- Conduct/coordinate with Control team impact assessments to determine if additional controls are needed and if necessary, develop new controls or enhance existing controls as a result of amended or new privacy policies or regulatory requirements
- Provide guidance on privacy matters such as Data Subject Requests, KRIs reporting, new projects, initiatives, etc.
- Reflect privacy issues and concerns as appropriate
- Connect with the Privacy Leaders, Global Privacy Office, APAC Data Protection Officer and other stakeholders in the Wells Fargo Privacy community to build understanding and alignment of privacy requirements and how these requirements are met through global programs or local processes.
- Coordinate region-wide privacy initiatives as required
- Acts as the subject matter expertise for the required absence program in the region:
- Keep updated and connected with required absence policy developments and understand the impact to the region
- Provide guidance on required absence matters in conjunction with Group Required Absence Coordinators in US
- Raise required absence issues and concerns as appropriate
Market Skills and Certifications
- 5+ years of experience in privacy, risk and control
- Knowledge of APAC regulator privacy requirements
- CIPP/A or CIPM
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skill
- Ability to escalate issues
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to identify and resolve problems
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management
- Solid conflict management and decision making skills
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.