The candidate needs to be a dynamic problem solver working in a high-pressure environment that demands strong global partnerships, well developed technical & financial expertise and a strict adherence to process guidelines.
- Join a team responsible for providing a stable platform for the Global Securities Middle and Back-Office Businesses
- Interact closely with regional and global business users and other groups in Technology to ensure issues are addressed and communicated in a timely manner.
- Provide day-to-day application support which includes answering user queries, monitoring applications, reviewing and planning of system changes and server upgrades.
- Ability to correlate events across multiple systems to proactively surface and resolve deep, underlying issues
- Troubleshoot production issues to identify root causes and track issues to their completion.
- Work closely with developers and business analysts who are not in the region to plan system rollout and application updates, provide feedback on production system performance, and investigate production problems and identify solutions.
- Manage serious outages in production by interfacing between business, developers, infrastructure teams and management. Main tasks include: provide communication, take remedial actions to resolve outage, provide information to business to alleviate knock-on impact, work on post-mortem and follow-up actions for root cause identification, recurrence prevention, and any improvement in problem detection and resolution.
- Candidates should be prepared to work out of normal business hours such as on weekends and attend night calls according to business needs.
- Proactively identify and resolve potential production problems in all supporting systems and escalate them to relevant parties if necessary. Suggest improvements to existing processes for support both locally and globally
- Educated to degree level in engineering or science discipline
- Work experience, preferably in application support role
- Good system knowledge of Unix/Linux. Familiar with Unix shell scripts, Perl or python
- Databases: SQL, Oracle
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Proactive, has initiative, diligent, hardworking. Willing to learn
- A good team player and able to work independently, ability and experience in leading a team would be an advantage
- Good verbal and communication skills are necessary
- Able to work under pressure in time sensitive trading environment
- Familiarity with ITIL and/or Six Sigma, Lean process methodologies
- Experience with any of ITRS, Java VM, Windows, Ansible, AMPS, Autosys, Tableau would be an advantage
- Product knowledge: Experience of production technology support in Equity transaction management, client allocation processing, clearing and settlement of securities would be an advantage