The successful candidate will be part of the Finance & Accounting (F&A) workstream of the IFRS 17 project.
1) Contribute to the IFRS 17 Project:-
a) Work together with various teams (Information Technology (IT), Modeling & Actuarial (M&A), external vendors, etc.) on the design and build of the new insurance calculation engine, allocation engine and sub-ledger
b) Provide support on source system requirements and enhancements
c) Gather business requirements and look into areas of automation
d) Help in development of reports for disclosure purposes
e) Prepare and update documents like Functional Specification Documents, Business Requirement Documents, Chart of Accounts, posting requirements, Business Events master listing, etc. as and when there are changes
f) Assist in drafting of accounting policy and financial statement disclosures
g) Assist in the design and planning of the new end-to-end closing process
h) Support subsidiaries’ F&A teams in their implementation
i) Support M&A team on transition as well as assessing the financial impact and drafting the disclosures required
j) Look into other improvements or process changes related to IFRS 17 implementation
k) Assist in other ad-hoc assignments as and when required
2) Participate in Unit Testing (UT), System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT):-
a) Prepare test cases based on business requirements
b) Perform testing in accordance with project timelines
c) Verify and analyse test results to ensure expected results are achieved
d) Highlight and log defects promptly
e) Work with various teams (IT, M&A, external vendors, etc.) to resolve issues discovered during testing
f) Provide regular updates on status of UAT
3) Take accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
4) Maintain awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
5) Highlight any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
• Degree in Accountancy or equivalent professional qualifications.
• At least 5 years of relevant working experience, with experience in Big 4 audit firms. Good knowledge of Singapore Financial Reporting Standards (International) and experience in the insurance industry would be an advantage.
• Able to work independently and under pressure to meet project timelines.
• Self-motivated and committed
• Strong analytical and numerical skills, meticulous and detailed
• Strong team player with good communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
• Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.