VP, Business Analyst (1-yr Contract), Financial Information Management, GFCS
Posting Date: 14-Aug-2020
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
Financial Information Management (FIM) team works across Group Finance to ensure we execute and implement any major changes to our processes and systems. In partnership with our key stakeholders, we work to create excellent business solutions using our deep functional expertise. We aim to protect and enhance Group Finance value through optimizing the use of our system and tools as we implement a controlled Finance architecture.
As part of Financial Information Management team within Group Finance, your key responsibilities include:
- Understand the technology and operational needs of Financial and Regulatory reporting functions in the Bank
- Work with Finance users in gathering and analyze user requirement, identify opportunities for improvement and articulate business requirements into functional requirement for functional design document
- Be a liaison person with Technology team providing end to end solutions that ensure users’ needs are optimally met
- Manage project implementation including meeting project key milestones, timeline and proactively manage and resolve issues
- Arrange with users to conduct User Acceptance Test and arrange with vendor (where relevant) to prepare necessary test environment and support functional testing
- Review and support post implementation issues coming out from project implementation and come up with areas of improvement for delivery
- Degree in Accounting / Finance/ Business or its equivalent professional certificates
- At least 7 years working experience in banking industry and conversant with current accounting policies and banking regulations
- Knowledge of Performance Measurement / Financial Reporting / Basel III application system
- Aptitude for system related work, experience in end-user maintenance, requirements gathering, UAT testing and implementation of IT systems
- Good analytical and presentation skills, possesses drive and initiative, demonstrate effective leadership
- Strong team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.