Manager, Computer Operator, Group Infrastructure & Platform Services
Posting Date: 11-Sep-2020
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
You will join a team of computer operators, performing 24 x 7 shift duty on rotation, responsible for running day-to-day computer operations and performing helpdesk functions in our Data Centre which runs multi-platform systems on Mainframe, AS/400, UNIX, WinNT, etc, running Production and Development environments. Your responsibilities include:
- Monitor various monitoring facilities for software and hardware including operating systems, application systems, ATM and network equipment, and react to exceptions in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor application job flow which are scheduled by job scheduling software, and react to exceptions in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform reports printing and distribution
- Manage IT-related incidents and problems reported via phone call or e-mail from UOB staff
- Maintain Incident Logs for incidents and problems for all software, hardware and applications being monitoring
- Perform job submission, backup, recovery and restart in accordance to SOP or approved ad-hoc requests
- Perform first-level system and batch problem determination and resolution only, and escalation to second and third levels in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures
- Minimum Degree in IT or Computer Science from a recognized polytechnic/institution
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in relevant work area
- Experience in operating at least 3 of these platforms: AS400, Mainframe, Unix/Linux and Windows
- Proficient in using MS Office Suite of products
- Proficiency in Excel macros, pivot tables and charting is a plus.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and proficient in English Language
- Proven ability to work independently and under pressure
- A good team player
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.