You will report to Head, Group Compliance and AML/CFT and lead a team to carry out Group Regulatory Compliance functions and to ensure effective implementation of the Compliance Risk Management Framework and provide support, as the second line of defense to the business units in their duty to comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- Oversee a Regulatory Compliance Section and ensure all compliance frameworks and standards are carried out efficiently and effectively for GE Group;
- Maintain vigilance over and keep abreast of developments in the local and regional regulatory environment as well as international regulatory environment which may have impact to GE Group;
- Responsible for the effective execution and monitoring of new/revised regulations handling process including Compliance Matrix and Compliance Risk Self-Assessment (CRSA) for Singapore entities;
- Provide compliance advisory to Singapore entities to management and staff on the applicable laws, regulation, rules and standards and the implementation of these provisions by working with business users developing/formulating compliance policies and compliance framework;
- Prepare the annual compliance examination work plan and to assist carry out such plan for Singapore entities;
- Work closely with business units in Singapore entities to ensure Compliance Event Reporting (CERs) are timely reported and escalated with adequate action plans identified to remediate the compliance event within the agreed timeline;
- Participate in project management of various compliance projects as well as key initiatives in Singapore, where applicable;
- Carry out Compliance Training and Awareness Program to improve the overall team technical knowledge and also to improve the compliance risk culture of Group Risk Management and Singapore entities;
- Act as liaison officer for engagement with various regulators on information request, inspection and any other regulatory matters for Singapore entities;
- Monitor subordinates’ performance and provision of guidance as well as succession plan; and
- Assist in ad-hoc tasks/projects as requested by the Head of Group Compliance and AML&CFT, including management and regulatory reporting as well as group oversight for the overseas subsidiaries.
- Take accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks;
- Maintain awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and appropriate steps to mitigate the risks; and
- Highlight any potential concerns/risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Business Studies/Finance/Insurance or any other related fields;
- Minimum 8-10 years working experience in the area of compliance, internal audit or risk management in the financial services industries, preferably from the insurance industry;
- Sound knowledge of MAS notices and other regulatory requirements affecting the insurance industry;
- Self-starter and able to work independently with good strategic thinking;
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving and good writing skills;
- Able to handle difficult situations and adaptability to fast-pace environment;
- Effective communication and good interpersonal skills in reaching out to all levels of staff within the organization to resolve issues;
- Team leader, committed and able to work under pressure and meet timeline;
- Resourceful and information seeker with a concern for order and quality;
- Good coaching skill to guide and direct team members;
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork; and
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.