J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives. We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
We are seeking a Governance, Risk & Controls Product Manager within Cybersecurity & Technology Controls.
The Product Manager builds, enhances, and sustains governance, risk and control products to satisfy evolving customer needs through collaborative partnership with engineering, development and operational roles. Manages the product vision, strategy, roadmap and backlog. The suite of products cover assessments & assurance, control framework and risk identification, treatment & governance domains.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- Managing the delivery of regional and global cross-product initiatives by partnering with and influencing global product backlogs, demand management, and yearly planning taking features and deliverables through the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) using standard processes and tools (JIRA, Confluence, Clarity, CI/CD, ATDD, etc.)
- Partnering with global product owners to develop and influence the strategic vision and roadmaps for global product domains across technology, architecture, operations, standards, et al.
- Be a strong technologist and a natural collaborator across the firm
- Able to successfully operate across regions, business and functions of a large enterprise organization with demonstrable strong negotiation, influencing and relationship skills
- Ability to resolve conflict with a proven ability to facilitate and/or make complex decisions based on experience, analysis and judgment
- Providing input to strategic discussions to stakeholders inside the group and across the firm associated with improvement opportunities
- Providing regular management reporting to senior management and relevant stakeholders in business units
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- At least 10+ years of experience in technology controls as a product manager or similar role.
- Proven track record in technology product management, development and delivery.
- Technology controls domain expertise including:
- assessments & assurance
- control frameworks
- risk identification
- risk treatment
- risk governance
- Experience in implementing technology control frameworks, tools and processes.
- Keen understanding of national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to financial industry technology controls and cybersecurity
- Expertise in Agile and can work with at least one of the common frameworks
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills, and the ability to overcome barriers and resistance to execute against strategic plans
- Prior hands-on software development or engineering experience is preferred
- Experience with cybersecurity platforms & technologies is preferred
- Experience with cloud security providers, products and tools is preferred
- Experience with China cloud providers is desirable
- Experience with Data Science / Data Discovery disciplines is preferred
- Experience with User Experience (UX) / Customer Experience (CX) development is preferred.
- Experience with DevSecOps is preferred
- Experience with vendor management is preferred