VP, Trade Operations Manager, Borrowing Base Trade Finance (BBTF), Group Technology & Ops
Posting Date: 18-Sep-2020
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
You will be part of the Borrowing Trade Finance Operations Control unit as a Team Lead reporting to the Division Head.
Your key responsibilities are:
• Lead a Team of 2-4 members to review financing request to ensure deal is in line with the approved structure, propose solutions to mitigate risk at transaction level
• Provide guidance and leadership to team members
• Review and approve transactions as per delegation of authority
• You will be personally holding key accounts, including CMA/SMA structures, review terms of LCs, contracts, documents to ensure deal can be self-liquidated
• Perform price reasonable check and vessel check
• Perform mark to market of collaterals and liase with customers for additional top up where required
• Ensure sufficient collaterals and margin are in place and liase with customer for topup
• Manage and work within bank limits, counterparty limits, debtor limits
• Monitor vessel routes, vessel arrival and serve notice to disport agent where necessary
• Followup with customer to secure and ensure timeliness of receipt of collaterals and sales proceeds
• Review LC matchlist and discrepancies
• Possesses sound knowledge of bank’s policies, guidelines, control, regulatory, AML/CFT procedures and ensure team compliance
• Ensure timely and accurate service delivery in accordance with Service Level Agreement
• Contribute to deal discussions, solutioning and implementation
• Manage and resolve issues
• Assist the division head on review of bank’s policies, guidelines and regulations and recommend enhancements to procedures to comply changes
• Assist the division head on audits, monthly reports and review
• Annual access review, budgeting and resource planning
• At least 10 Years of trade operations and middle office experience
• Experience in handling clients in regional markets
• Sound knowledge of UCP, ISBP, URC, URR, ISP, URDG, MAS/ ABS Guidelines, AML/Sanctions and experience in all areas of international trade
• Proficient in Microsoft office tools such as excel, powerpoint etc
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Meticulous and strong followup skills
• Good interpersonal and leadership skills
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.