APAC Head of Financial Intelligence Unit, Vice President
Who we are looking for
This role, reporting to Head of AML Compliance APAC is responsible for leading the Financial Intelligence Unit (“FIU”) within State Street’s AML Compliance APAC function. The role entails supporting the Global Head of FIU and the Regional Head of AML Compliance, APAC in the end-to-end design, implementation and management of State Street’s suspicious activity detection, investigation and reporting processes.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As APAC Head of Financial Intelligence Unit you will
- Supporting the design, implementation and management of the process for analyzing the specific money laundering typologies which may be relevant to State Street’s businesses and which require automated or manual transaction monitoring. This analysis must take into account industry best practices and guidance from regulatory agencies in North America, Europe and Asia as well as international or industry bodies such as the Financial Action Task Force, Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, The Wolfsberg Group, and the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association;
- Assisting to drive the design, implementation and management of State Street’s enterprise-wide suspicious activity monitoring program, including State Street’s automated transaction monitoring platforms, to meet all applicable regulatory requirements and expectations. This involves coordination of a multi-year innovation and technology strategy that covers customers, products and transactions offered in 100 markets around the world, including $33 trillion in assets under custody and $2.7 trillion in assets under management. The technology roadmap must consider leading edge technology strategies including robotics, machine learning and artificial intelligence;
- Overseeing APAC FIU’s suspicious activity investigation and reporting processes, and supporting the Global Head of FIU in ensuring FIU has the sufficient staffing, expertise, and analytic tools proactively to conduct timely investigations related to suspected money laundering, terrorism finance or other related financial crimes. Employees are located in multiple locations globally, including USA, United Kingdom, Poland, India, and Hong Kong;
- Engaging, as appropriate and permitted by law, with law enforcement and other financial institutions (e.g., information sharing pursuant to section 314(b) of the U.S. Patriot Act);
- Collaborating with other elements of State Street’s AML Compliance program as required, including the policy, risk assessment and KYC processes;
- Reporting to various State Street forums on the status of the enterprise-wide suspicious activity monitoring program, including the Anti-Money Laundering Oversight Committee.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Track record of AML technology innovation, including design and implementation of enterprise wide transaction monitoring technology in large and complex global financial institutions;
- Demonstrated understanding of systems development life cycle and project management, including the documentation of business requirements, overseeing technology development, conducting systems testing and making “go-no-go” systems implementation decisions
- Strong knowledge and experience of global BSA / AML regulations, related compliance requirements and regulatory expectations including Suspicious Activity Report requirements or equivalent around the Asia Pacific;
- Sector knowledge involving private and alternative investment funds, mutual funds, registered investment funds and other securities related industries, including associated regulators and self-regulatory agencies such as the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA);
- Capable of producing high quality and/or final work product and solutions under strict regulatory or management deadlines
- Ability to take ownership and initiative, to negotiate, influence and build consensus and successfully navigate within a demanding and international environment of a leading global financial institution;
- Desire to actively participate in industry events and assist with the development of articles and white papers
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Graduate degree preferred; 10+ years related experience
- Experience dealing with financial regulators and law enforcement and ability to communicate clearly and effectively with such persons in the Asia Pacific jurisdictions;
- Strong abilities in analytical thinking, problem solving, research, time management, and verbal and written communication;
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers