Senior Manager, Software Engineering
As the Senior/Manager, you will hands on manage the financial related modules in the Software Engineering Team and be the Digital Office component representative for the billing system. You have experience working on projects and with team(s) to collaborate with stakeholders across the organisation to meet the desired business outcomes. You have deep domain expertise and applying industry best practices in test driven development and software engineering. You have experience in solving complex technical challenges within an Agile team environment.
- Work with product owner on billing, bill presentment, payment, dunning and journaling requirements, e nsure that projects undertaken consistently meet all aspects of quality, time cost and user satisfaction
- Work on backlogs from each Sprint in Program Increment to deliver software outcomes on Billing (Aria) and APIs linked to the platform
- Participate in discovery sessions with product owners and Digital Office stakeholders to analyse and suggest simplifications and process improvements, with professional knowledge, experience and technical expertise.
- Arrange detail clarification sessions to bridge the gap between users and external partners
- Collaborate and partner with Digital Office stakeholders, cross-BU stakeholders, external partners to ensure a successful delivery of the applications, meet architectural standards, guidelines, policies and best practices for technology and applications.
- Work and track closely the deliverables from software partners and delivery partners on enhancements and fixes
- Plan test cases, execute test activities and work with other Digital Office component teams on E2E verifications during every Sprint cycles
- Lead and manage the team to support user verification enquiries and arrange for clarifications with software partners during test Sprint cycles
- Perform production post-deployment verifications
- Work with Finance users on monthly verifications of production bills, billing and journal reports etc.
- Monitor scheduled dunning activities and processes
- Arrange training for team members on software products
- Require to plan for yearly budget on Capex/Opex
- Attend to Internal and External auditors’ enquiries on billing system and processes
- Degree in Computer Science with more than 6 years of relevant working experience in Information Technology or related discipline
- Hands on experience in configuration and development of billing software
- Working experience Telco industry preferred with technical knowledge in Billing Systems and process ( Comverse/Amdocs/ARIA billing system will have an added advantage)
- Highly energetic, motivated team player, able to work under tight timelines and pressure to participate in digital transformation journey
- Possess excellent communication skills with accompanied problem solving and analytics skills, able to collaborate with different levels in the organization
- Experienced in leading a team , good interpersonal skills, resourceful, take ownership, able to conceptualize, ability to motivate and build high performing team
- Organised, meticulous, and able to work independently
- Technical knowledge in Cloud, PaaS, SaaS, Microservices (Docker, Kubernetes) etc
- Experience with modern software methodologies (preferably Agile)
- Familiar with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Hands-on experience performing application testing activities and handling user enquiries