NCS is looking for data analytics consultants to operationalize data analytics initiatives and generate data insights from numerous data sources in support of key stakeholders. You will perform a variety of duties around data lifecycle management and data value chain related to sourcing, analysing, and presenting data. As part of this role, you will extract, normalise, and transform data for derivation of business and performance insights through data science techniques and dashboard visualization. A successful data analytics consultant possesses strong analytical problem-solving skill, keen attention to detail and a passion for all things data.
What will you do?
• Translate customer pain-points into problem statements, develop analytics solutions, and present results and learnings to both technical and non-technical audiences in an engaging manner.
• Build and maintain data queries as well as data pipelines through tools such as SQL
• Build sophisticated dashboards and automated reports for core business metrics and performance trends using visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik or Power BI
• Contribute to the data architecture engineering decisions to support analytics.
• Help client identify the right data sources and data features that will be used to develop data science algorithms.
• Work closely with project manager and technical leads to provide statistics or features that will drive business objectives and derive business insights
• Work closely with project manager and technical leads to provide regular status reporting and support them to refine issues/problem statements and propose/evaluate relevant analytics solutions
• Work in interdisciplinary teams that combine technical skills, business savviness and data science competencies to deliver work in a waterfall or agile software development lifecycle methodologies
Ideal candidate should have:
• Master or Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Information Systems, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Physic, or other related disciplines that possesses analytical and quantitative components from a reputable institution.
• Basic competency in two or more of the following areas preferred:
- Data visualization tool (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI)
- SQL knowledge
- Programming or scripting language (e.g. Python, R, Java)
- Analytical software (e.g. SAS)
- Distributed architectures (e.g. HDFS, Hive)
Ability to analyse and break down complex concepts and technical findings into clear and simple language for communication to team members and clients
Good to have:
• Experience with AWS, Azure, Cloudera (or other cloud services)
• Data pipeline and/or database development experience
• Knowledge of statistical modelling, predictive analytics or machine learning
• Certification in leading data analytics platforms such as:
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified due to the high number of applicants for this role.