Burkert with headquarters in Germany, is one of the leading manufacturers of measurement and control systems for liquids and gases. Present in 36 countries, their products and systems are used in brewery technology, laboratory and medical technology as well as space technology in more than 300 different industries.
What makes Burkert so special? Above all, our corporate culture.
It is strongly characterised by the concept of partnership. We do not waste energy on superfluous hierarchies; instead, our cooperation is defined primarily by working and interacting at eye level.
That is also the central idea among our executives. The focus is not on orders and control, but rather on the support and development of employees. Open doors go without saying. This creates trust and hence the courage to go new ways together. Our employees experience this atmosphere of respect and appreciation as an opportunity to grow with their responsibilities. Each individual has the chance to develop in accordance with his or her abilities and strengths, to use the freedom offered and to take on responsibility. As a real partner in a successful team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and challenging, yet collaborative work environment, equipping him or her with the necessary skills, training and motivation to thrive in the industry. The following is what you should have experience with:
Instrumentation and Controls Engineer is an expert in a field/area of work, has the skillset to recommend technical guidelines and makes expertise available to other departments/teams.
- Support on product and application presentation to potential and existing customers
- Participate in brain storming of ideas/special projects include implementation. Technical support to sales team and assist in identifying and highlighting potential issues.
- Participates and contributes in project management involving costing, Bill of Material (BOM) including third party product, scheduling, etc.
- Project / Systems configuration and coordination
- Prepare routine engineering drawings and specifications.
- Provides technical support by utilising configuration and sizing tools
- Preparing of System for trial at customer site. Build a system for customer and bring it there for trial purpose.
- Post Sales (ETO Only)
- Finalise (including technical verification) BOM and create in SAP
- Preparing of the initial (first time) procurement of BOM
- Carry out the assembly, function test, Factory Acceptance Test and related documentation prior to delivery
- Programing and Pre-setting of product before delivery, documenting and archiving them
- On site product / system commissioning / trouble shooting and servicing and also inhouse trouble shooting technical related issue
- Back-up for Product Assembly
- Communicate new product launch + Training
- Setup-demo units for training / exhibition
- Prepare product/system for customer evaluation
- Develop standard system solution that has high cross selling potential
- Continuous improvement of engineering know-hows to add value to the order wining team
- Support Sales Directives & Tactics (SD&T) implementation
- Degree in Electronics/Mechanical Engineering with 3 to 5 years of experience
- Experienced in instrumentation and controls, PLC knowledge will be an advantage
- Familiar with process automation
- Relevant experience in Pharmaceutical or F&B industry