We believe that having a robust and reliable IT Infrastructure is integral to our bus operations. That is why we are looking to recruit an experienced IT executive to support the company’s Information Technology Manager. Whilst the role will be largely hands-on, diagnostic and administrative support, there will be the opportunities to develop practical knowledge and skills across the Information Technology Infrastructure Management spectrum.
Excellent troubleshooting, planning and organisational skills are essential as are excellent written and verbal communication skills and the proficient use of CLI (command line interfaces) and various types of interconnectivity devices and solutions, VMware, Microsoft SQL databases and basic knowledge of Cloud Hosting – e.g. GCP, AWS or Azure.
Experience of IT Infrastructure Management – covering on-premise server room setup and design, Network Switches, Routers, Wireless infrastructure, IP Cameras and telephony, firewalls and cybersecurity especially dealing with outsourced contractors and government agencies would be an advantage.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
• Assist in IT manager to ensure optimal performance, availability and uptime for all key IT infrastructure installations.
• Perform key first line IT maintenance and operation of key IT Installations in different locations.
• Proactively support IT Manager in ensuring all Tower Transit IT setup – applications software and hardware in distributed locations, buildings and IT assets are functioning optimally.
• Assist the IT Manager in maintaining all systems, records and documentation setting up an effective filing system that is logical and easy to use, both manual and electronic systems
• To support the IT Manager in coordinating procurement invites and sourcing requirement (e.g. Technical Refresh of EOL IT equipment)
• Assist the IT Manager with practical aspects of the jobs to be in a position to provide support to the business.
• Build effective relationships with internal teams and suppliers to ensure works are completed in a safe and satisfactory manner.
• Backup IT Manager – On-going support of existing IT Infrastructure Systems and Network.
JD 021115 KRv1
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, CONDITIONS SPECIFICATION:
• Possess a technical Diploma with relevant years of experience.
• Strong IT Computer and Network literacy with a broad knowledge of a range of hardware and software products.
• Organisational skills with strong administration skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work on initiative and minimal supervision.
CYBERSECURITY AND COMPANY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Adhere to all Tower Transit IT policies and Cybersecurity standards and procedures.
• To conduct IT support professionally taking care times by complying with your responsibilities, particularly in relation to IT Cybersecurity, as outlined in the Company policies and procedures and as well as under the Cyber Security Act.
• To report to the Line Manager or a Supervisor any cybersecurity incident occurrence in which you may have been involved, or are aware of having taken place at your work location, or any concern you have about cybersecurity issues.