Mott MacDonald’s support services are the driving force behind our organisation enabling us to run efficiently and effectively. The team works collaboratively to offer specialist advice, best practice and technology to all areas of our business specifically designed for our global reach.
We are looking for a professional with relevant experiences to act as the key interface between the stakeholders in the projects, while managing the scope, budget, timeline, resource, quality and benefits of the projects. This includes co-ordination and administration of tasks; resources (including third-party contractors or consultants) where appropriate; documentation; and project plans in order to deliver projects according to plan, stakeholder and sponsor management, reporting and project financial management. The IT Project Manager reports to IT Manager – Portfolio Management and takes direction from the Head of Project Delivery in managing global projects, size ranging from small to large, and across multiple different disciplines. Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with project team, other stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
The key elements to the role are Project Management, Stakeholder Management, Project Document Management:
- Define and track project scope, budget, timeline, resource, quality and benefits.
- Project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control, closure.
- Define and assignment of work packages to project resources.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Coach, mentor and motivate project team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Track and monitor project benefits.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Effective communication between project stakeholders, ensuring open communication in the team.
- Provide clarity on individual stakeholder roles and responsibilities, setting the expectation right.
- Building stakeholder relationships to increase confidence across the project environment, minimize uncertainty, and speed problem solving and decision making.
Project Document Management
- Develop project plan, project tracker, project highlight report, stage gate deck, project kick off and closure deck, exception report, change request and closure report with lesson learnt.
- Maintain and update of project documents.
- Ensure project documents adhere to the IT Project Delivery Team standards and templates.
Key Performance Indicators
- Project stakeholders’ satisfaction.
- Completion of quality and quantity of projects.
- Quality of project documents.
- Return on Investment (ROI) of the projects
Qualifications & Education
- University degree or college diploma related to technology, project management, or relevant industry experience.
- Project Management certification Prince2 or PMP.
- Other relevant professional IT Certifications (desirable).
Knowledge and Experience
- Experienced in managing projects and resources from different countries.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects in a single instance.
- Experienced in working in a virtual team.
- Experienced in full spectrum of project management.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Project Planning software.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Customer service skills an asset.
Ability to take ownership, lead and execute the correct actions.
Ability to listen, understand, and relay back clear and concise information. Having the amplitude to think before responding and responding in a neutral state.
Having the thought process of planning and exercising conscious control of time spent on specific activities, especially to increase effectiveness, efficiency and productivity.
Being humble without excessive ego or concerns about status.
Being hungry and constantly looking for more to learn and responsibility to take on.
Being people smart and tend to know what is happening in a group situation, and how to deal with others in the most effective way.
Ability to cope with changes in circumstances and think in creative ways to solve the issue.
Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
Ability to shape clutter of data into easily manageable, realistically achievable objective, and delegate to project team members for execution.
Ability to encourage respect and honesty in all business-related matters and in any project