Library Roving Officer (Bugis MRT)
• Works in Library environment; dealing with visitors which are mainly students,
foreign visitors and Tourists.
• Excellent customer service skills; able to communicate with people of different nationalities.
Good People skills.
• Day shift; shift A Mon-Fri (9:45am-6:15pm)
shift B Mon-Fri (6:15-9:15pm)
shift C Weekends (9:45am-3:15pm) / (3:15-9:15pm) rotation
unable choose the working days, need to follow the duty roster
• On the job training will be provided. We prefer someone able to commit until end of Jan 2021
• Perform roving duties to enforce library etiquette. This aims to ensure the library remains a conducive place to read and conduct research.
• Look out for any suspicious and undersirable persons and report to NLB’s library staff immediately. This includes patrons leafing thorugh book pages with attempt to vandalise, tear or take away the books/magazines in their bags.
• Record any observations in the roving checklists
• Answer simple queries regarding building facilities, library opening hours, location of service facilities such as photocopying room.
• Handle and manage incidents, assist staff in handling difficult patrons.
• Direct enquiries on other library matters to NLB staff.
• Able to effectively listen and understand patrons.
• Able to communicate in fluent spoken english.
• Presentable in overall dressing.
• Candidate must possess at least “O” Level and above , any field.
• At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
• Preferably Non-Executives specializing in Customer Service,or equivalent.
• 3 Part-Time and Contract position(s) available.
We’re regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.