Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Reception Duties
• Attend to walk-in enquiries/ incoming calls
• Assist in booking of discussion rooms for students and staff
• Manage lost & found items
• Coordinate and arrange courier/ mailing for staff
• Receipt and distribution of incoming mails (courier & Singapore Post)
• Assist in receiving deliveries eg. stationeries, A4 copier papers
• Check and ensure centralized stationeries are stocked up sufficiently
• Refill papers at student’s self-printing area and assist them should the need arises
• Checking of markers for Facilities’ team to replace markers
• Assist Faculty in the following:
o Fingerprint taking
o Collection point for reprints of certifying letters, transcripts, student cards
o Issuance of refund cheques
• General tidiness of reception counter
• Any ad-hoc admin duties
2. Learning Resources Centre Duties
• Opening of Learning Resources Centre
a. Switch on all the Computers in the Learning Resources Centre
b. Checking of petty cash amount
c. Shelve Reading
• Shelving of LRC materials
a. Ensures books are arranged correctly according to the classification used and neatly displayed on the shelves
b. Ensures magazines and journals are displayed on the magazine rack in alphabetical order
• Perform counter duties:
a. Loan of LRC materials, renewals, reservations, collection of overdue fines.
b. Reply to email on renewals, reservations of LRC materials.
c. Issuing of user id and password for students taking the Online-English Proficiency Test (OEPT)
d. Attend to simple reference enquiries.
e. Taking down of statistics for monitoring of LRC usage.
• Closing of Learning Resources Centre
a. Ensures all computers in the Learning Resources Centre are switched off before closing the LRC.
b. Lock the LRC door and return the key to the Security Guard counter.
c. Any other library related duties as assigned.
GCE ‘O’ Level/Nitec/Higher Nitec in any field
At least 1 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position
▪ Experience with counter duties and customer service
▪ Pleasant disposition with good interpersonal skills
▪ Service-oriented and able to multi-task
Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri – 12pm to 6pm (ad-hoc basis)
Sat & Sun – 9am to 6pm (as required basis)
Weekdays: 9am to 2pm or 9am to 7pm or 2pm to 7pm (ad-hoc basis)
Sat – 9am to 1pm (as required basis)
*More than 1 available vacancy and rotating shift will be arranged based on requirements upon hiring