This role will require the individual to be responsible for all crew payroll and accounts related matters.
• Maintains monthly payroll for CNCo/SPSM seafarers and ensure monthly wages are promptly processed and properly disbursed in accordance with their contract terms. (assigned vessels)
• This includes processing of balance of wages, allotments, sick wages, and claims through Compas (payroll system).
• Ensure that mandatory payments such as CPF and pension payments are processed timely.
• Responsible for ensuring accuracy and timely processing of the payroll of contract and permanently employed seafarers including project crew and auditors.
• Checks all payroll summary reports, Master’s cash statement, wage variables and bond summaries, and post to an SAP system.
• Checking and posting of monthly manning and training invoices. Ensuring proper costs are billed by the vendors and payments processed.
• Prepares monthly reconciliation of manning accounts and posts required adjusting entries.
• Manages crew training related accounts, ensuring proper invoicing, and posting of journal entries in SAP and calculation of training wages including payment.
• Checking and posting of inter-company accounts including balance sheet items.
• Assists in company audit as required.
• Comply with and review the payroll /account SOP and process and suggest improvements.
• Ensuring that the Purchase Orders are uploaded in the SAP system before processing payments.
• Ensure that all data is treated in line with the company data protection policy.
• Supporting other crew payroll and accounts duties. (as assigned by the Manager, crew Payroll)
• Backup to PAT (NOK) Team if required, as assigned by the Head of Crewing.
Key Qualifications & Skills
Degree/Diploma in accounting/payroll or any similar discipline.
A background in Payroll with at least 1-year experience would be an advantage.
Good computer literacy skills.
Accurate and numerate; Self-starter with good initiative.
Able to adapt to working with different software’s.
Skills: Fluent in spoken and written English