IHiS is looking for a proactive and meticulous Finance person to support the Project Accounting and related financial management/review. This is a newly created role.
I. Job Responsibilities:
Projects exception reporting and review
• Prepare and perform monthly analysis and review of the progress of projects’ status and exceptions, including highlighting areas of concerns and proposing follow up actions.
• Maintain, track and communicate regularly to management on project status and exceptions, as well as recommendations.
• Work closely with the various stakeholders (such as Project Management Office, Project Managers / Directors and Finance Business Partners) to resolve / escalate the exceptions.
Project management and closure process and compliance
• Review projects’ budgets on a regular basis, and lead and coordinate review of projects’ percentage of completion.
• Close out project accounts in SAP upon project completion
• Ensure compliance with work processes for projects management and closure
• Review project billing write off request and cost write off request.
• Handle / approve project cost transfer between projects.
• Provide advice and go-to person to review project structure in SAP and Finance rep / owner for the SAP PS module.
• Drive process improvement and streamlining, including using automation tools.
Monthly and yearly closing activities
• Perform month-end and year-end closing activities for projects.
• Ensure projects’ compliance with statutory and accounting requirements
• Prepare and compile projects’ information for internal and external auditors as required
Other ad-hoc projects, assignments as assigned by the Assistant Director, Finance.
II. Job Requirements:
• Good degree in Accountancy or ACCA qualification, with minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in professional services / IT organisations.
• Experience in managing project accounting / Finance in SAP is critical.
• Strong in Excel modelling and analytical skillset, including use of reporting tools.
• Inquisitive mind to question status quo and propose improvements using automation tools and improve workflows.
• Technically competent and operationally hands on.
• Proactive, meticulous and possess good time management skills
• Resourceful, highly motivated and adaptable to rapid changes